26.09.2012

Barcelona: Casa Batlló

After having seen La Sagrada Família I decided quite spontaneously to visit Casa Batlló, a stunning house, which was restored by Gaudí and Jujol. Since I've been to Barcelona, I'm a huge admirer of Gaudí's works, and the very first moment I entered Casa Batlló, I knew that I would love this remarkable looking building. One thing you'll notice immediately is that there are no straight lines anywhere to be found in the house, but rather walls and doors that remind you of waves. Unfortunately, my camera's battery died during my visit and I therefore had to use my iPhone's camera, so you might notice quality changes.

Casa Batlló
entrance hall
stairs
the problem with travelling alone is that you always have to ask strangers to take photos of you - and sometimes they just fail at doing so ;)
I love all the lights, they create such a magical atmosphere
you could sit and have a break here
entry to the outdoor area
the back of the house
so typically Gaudí!
museum store
stairway
at the roof
view from the roof over the city
doesn't the roof look like the back of a dragon or dinosaur?
such magical stairs and halls!
Casa Batlló at night - beautiful, isn't it?
 Casa Batlló is definitely worth a visit, especially if you love modernistic art or buildings. I have never seen a house as unique and remarkable as this work by Gaudí, so if you come to Barcelona, don't leave out Casa Batlló - I promise you won't regret it!

5 Kommentare:

  1. ich kann nicht mehr dazu sagen als: ich liebe barcelona gg :D die schönste stadt der welt :D :D :D

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Oh wooow!!! Das alles ist so toll! Schöne Fotos :) Ich war noch nie in Barcelan... :/ muss das unbedigt nachholen und diese Wunder-Villa besuchen :)
    xoxo

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Ich liebe Gaudi so ! Ich könnte mir seine Werke stundenlang anschauen ! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Wow! I never, similar didn't see anything! Thanks for the review. You have a fine dress with lace!
    Lenusik ♥ ♥ ♥ With love ♥ ♥ ♥
    http://devchunichka.blogspot.ru

    AntwortenLöschen